June 8th is also known as National Oceans Day. This particular day was set by the United Nations as a global celebration for our worlds oceans. Each year since 2008, many people in various countries have gathered together to honour the ocean and this year should be no different. If you want to get involved this oceans day, take a look at my list below of all of the fun things you can do!
Live by the Beach?
- Take today as an opportunity to gather up some friends and family and spend the day by the water.
- Participate in a beach clean-up
Want to Stay Indoors?
- Watch a Documentary on Netflix (A Plastic Ocean, Sharkwater, Chasing Coral, Mission Blue, Life in the Blue, Born to be Free)
- Draw a picture of marine animals and post them online for all to see that you’re supporting World Oceans Day.
- Sign a Petition to Help support the Ocean ( Example of one you can and should sign here. )
No matter where you live or what you like to do, there is always something you can do to celebrate World Oceans Day! Let me know what you get up to by commenting below and join the http://www.AshleyLegacy.com project (details below!)
WORLD OCEANS PROJECT
Use your favourite picture featuring the ocean or marine life and post it on social media using the hashtag: #WhatTheOceanMeansToMe and explain what you love about the ocean and why you want it protected! If you tag me, I will share your entries on my social media outlets!